This tour starts and finishes in Chiang Mai.
Chiang Mai - Chiang Rai
· Pick up from your hotel and then drive to Chiang Rai
· Stop at Maekhachan Hot Spring and enjoy some coffee while you soak your feet in the soothing mineral water.
· Stop at Rong Khun Temple (White Temple). A contemporary Buddhist temple that was design by Chalermchai Kositpipat as a glimpse of heaven. Construction started in 1997 with the goal of creating a tourist destination in the small town that Kositpipat was raised consisting of 13 buildings. The construction continues to this today.
· Visit Chiang Sean one of the oldest cities in Northern Thailand. Built in 545, the city holds several ancient ruins including Wat Che Di Luang.
· Have lunch at The Golden Triangle
· Enjoy a speed boat over the Mae Khong River a see where the three countries meet.
· Make a stop at the Opium House and learn about this dark time in Thailand history.
· In the afternoon visit Mae Sai a popular town on the border of Myanmar (Burma). Stroll around its local market and see the most northern pint in Thailand.
· Arrive Chiang Rai and check in to the hotel
· Have dinner at the local restaurant. Afterwards shop at the night market on your leisure.
* Lunch and Dinner Included
Chiang Rai- Chiang Mai
· Have breakfast at your hotel
· Visit the famous Black Temple or the house and museum of National Artist - Dr. Thawan Duchanee. The museum has an impressive collection of animal remains such as an elephant skeleton, shark jaws, snake skins, and more all displayed in an artistic manner. It also consists of various black colored buildings constructed in the style of a Thai temple.
· Drive to Maesalong Chinese Village (Ex Kuomintang) and visit the local market to see a daily life of Chinese and hill-tribes people. See them trading and try some of their locally grown tea.
· Have lunch at the local restaurant
· Visit Hill tribes village and see Akha, and Karen with their Long Neck
· Leave for Ban Tha Ton and visit Wat Tha Ton Chinese/Thai temple for a superb view of the Kok River and Burma border. The temple complex includes four huge statues of the Buddha, two in typical Thai style and two showing Chinese influence. One of these, the Standing Buddha, is over 35 feet (10 meters) tall.
· Explore Chiang Dao Cave and the temple that lies within.
· Arrive Chiang Mai
* Breakfast and Lunch Included
Private Arrangement tour only. Please E-Mail us for rate
Join-in with Group N/A
*Price is per person in Thai Baht and designed on a Tourist Class package with clean, affordable rooms, A/C, and private bathrooms.
**Deluxe rooms are available for your travels at 4 or 5 star hotels where available for an additional charge.