• Depart Chiang Mai at 9:30am and drive to a local market
• Shop for trekking supplies. Make sure you buy plenty of water.
• Drive an additional hour to the starting point of your trek.
• Trek for 1 hour and stop for lunch.
• Trekking for a further 3 hours. ( Hard )
• Spend the night in a local Lahu village in hut.
• Breakfast will be served.
• After breakfast trek for 3 hours to the elephant camp.
• Ride elephants through the jungle and along the river for about 1 hour.
• Stop for lunch.
• White water rafting along the Mae Tang River for about 1 hour.
• Change to Bamboo rafting for a further half hour.
• Drive to an Akha village.
• Return to Chiang Mai around 5:00pm.
*Timings are only approximate and will vary from day to day, depending on weather conditions and pace of the trekking group etc.
Also an optional tour to visit Karen Long Neck hill tribe can be added for 300 baht and will extend return time to Chiang Mai to 6:00pm.
|Baht 1500 per person. Join-in with Group||Private Arrangement tour. Please E-Mail us for rate|
• Round trip transportation by rear seated pick-up truck (Song Taew).
• An English speaking tour guide (other languages available upon request) who is experienced, friendly, knowledgeable and officially registered by the Tourism Authority of Thailand.
• Local porters and guide helper from the village.
• 4 Thai local foods: Lunch on the first day and last day (Vegetarian food is available upon request).
• Accommodation on the trek including sleeping gear.
• All activities on the trek.
• A small pack can be loaned for trek(Please request).
• All entrances fees.
• Accidental, injury insurance
What to bring?
• Hiking shoes or sport shoes
• A few T-shirts
• A few pairs of socks
• Swimming suit
• Camera & batteries
• Long pants/or trousers.
• Flip flops/sandals.
• Pullover or jacket (Cold season Nov-Jan)
• Rain coat (Jun-Oct)
• Flash light with batteries
• Soap and shampoo
• Toothbrush and toothpaste
• Toilet paper (if you don’t like to use bamboo stick).
• Insect repellent
• Personal expenses like beverages, tips and optional excursions/visits.
We recommend you to leave your baggage at your hotel/guest house if it is available or at our office. The less baggage you carry with you, the more you will enjoy the program.