Available Daily; Head north of Chiang Mai for approximately 65Km. Venture into the jungle for three days while spending your nights in a Black Lahu hill tribe village. With this extended trek you will really get the chance to enjoy the natural surroundings as well as get familiar with the ways of the hill tribe people such as Black Lahu, Akha and more. After three days in the jungle enjoy elephant riding and even have a chance to swim with the elephant too! Then take on the white water rapids of the Mae Tang River. This is an excellent trip to sample what Northern Thailand has to offer.
• After breakfast you will walk to the rafting camp.
• Raft along the Mae Tang River for 1 hour.
• Change to bamboo rafting for a further half hour.
• Lunch at Shan village.
• Visit Akha village by pick up truck.
• Return to Chiang Mai around 5:00pm.
*Timings are only approximate and will vary from day to day depending on weather conditions and pace of the trekking group etc.
Also an optional tour to visit Karen Long Neck hill tribe can be added for an additional 300 baht which will extend your return to Chiang Mai to 6:00pm.
Tour Price 2,500 baht/person (Join group)
||Private Arrangement tour. Please E-Mail us for rate
• Round trip transportation by rear seated a pick-up truck (Song Taew).
• An English speaking tour guide who is experienced, friendly, knowledgeable and officially registered by the Tourism Authority of Thailand.
• Local porters and guide helper from the village.
• 7 Thai local foods: Lunch on the first day and last day (Vegetarian food is available upon request).
• Accommodation on the trek including sleeping gear.
• Every activity on the trek.
• All entrances fees.
• Accident insurance
What to bring?
• Hiking shoes or sport shoes
• A few T-shirts
• A few pairs of socks
• Swimming suit
• Camera & batteries
• Long pants/or trousers.
• Flip flops/sandals.
• Pullover or jacket (Cold season Nov-Jan)
• Rain coat (Jun-Oct)
• Flash light with batteries
• Soap and shampoo
• Toothbrush and toothpaste
• Toilet paper (if you don’t like to use bamboo stick).
• Insect repellent
• Personal expenses like beverage, tips, and optional excursion/visit
We recommend you to leave your baggage at your hotel/guest house if it is available or at our office. The less baggage you carry with you, the more you will enjoy the program.