At 8:30am a guide will meet you at your place of stay where you will depart for Mae Rim. The first stop is the magnificent Maesa Elephant Camp. It takes about 40 minutes travel time before arriving at the camp located northwest of Chiang Mai city on the banks of a small river. You will see demonstrations on how the trained elephants are being used as working animals in the teak forests daily. The demonstrations includes: elephants bathing in the river, dragging and pushing logs, and responding to the commands of the mahouts. This is your chance to enjoy an elephant ride around the camp site (Elephant ride are optional!).
After-wards, visit the village of the the Karen Long Neck (Padaung) and other tribes. Break for a buffet lunch. After lunch you have choice to visit Tiger Kingdom you will have time to play with a fully grown, midsize or baby tiger. Prices vary. (Purchase tickets on your own). Then visit the Orchid Nursery to see a large collection of more than 50 different types of exotic and colorful orchids in bloom all year round.
In the next and final leg of your tour you will return to Chiang Mai and proceed to the most sacred temple, Wat Phrathat Doi Suthep. The temple was built in 1383 and is located on a mountain 3,500 feet above sea level just 16 kilometers from the city. See the marvelous golden pagoda (Chedi) which contains the holy relics of Lord Buddha. The temple and its golden chedi attract Buddhist pilgrims from all over the world throughout a year. You can enjoy the panoramic view of Chiang Mai City and the Ping river valley from the summit of Doi Suthep. Wat Phrathat Doi Suthep is approached on foot climbing a steep 306 step stairway which is flanked by giant mythical Nagas which symbolize humanity's progress from the earth into nirvana. An elevator is provided for those who prefer not to make the climb.
• 8:30am: meet your tour guide at hotel or guest house lobby.
• Drive to Maesa Elephant camp (about a 40 minute drive).
• Enjoy the Elephants bathing in the river and see other demonstrations.
• Visit the Karen Padong (Long Neck) and other tribes.
• Visit the Orchid and Butterflies Farm.
• Have buffet lunch
• Visit Wat Doi Suthep temple.
• Return to the hotel or Guest House by 4:30- 5:00 pm.
Private Arrangement tour only. Please E-Mail us for rate
Join-in with Group N/A
• An English speaking tour guide - knowledgeable and certified by the TAT (the Tourism Authority of Thailand).
• An air-conditioned car or minivan.
• Admission fees at Elephant camp, Orchid Farm, the Karen Long Neck (Padaung) and other tribes and the temple.
• Life insurance.
• Personal shopping.
• Elephant rides.
• Fee's at the Tiger Kingdom.
• All alcoholic and soft drinks.
Remark: Suitable for all ages and available all year round.
Note: Please disregard third party assistance in contacting us, as many will misrepresent our availability.
Contact us directly via email or phone for best information. English spoken.